Drop Down Menu's



Sunday, February 3, 2013

Raggs Plays Okami [30] [NOT A DAMN POKEMON RIP-OFF!] [Ninetails]


There are craploads of Japanese shows, games, works of art, etc, that show multi-tailed foxes (with 9 tails too). It's mythology! Even Ninetails' role and actions in the plot reflect that (like possessing women and being a crafty trickster). I may not know a lot about Japanese mythology, but I know a little bit when it comes to kitsune.. Pokemon isn't special except with being the franchise of the most famous example, so stop putting it in a bloody pedestal! I know I ranted about this in the video, but it really pisses me off when people say Okami and Digimon ripped off Pokemon and they ALWAYS use Ninetales vs Kyuubimon as an example (regarding Pokemon vs Digimon).

Trust me, I have several examples of Pokemon basing their designs on mythological creatures. For one example, Skarmory is like the metallic Stymphalian birds from Greek mythology among other kinds of metallic birds.

Ok, *cough* well, this is the last video I have. All these should last you until I can find the oppertunity to do the next sub-boss. I have to say I'm quite happy with how this fight turned out. My first time (rematch included) was hideous and smelled of noob. NOW I can finally have my revenge!

Info: Ninetails is one of the harder fights in the game (which doesn't say much, but meh), and he loves to brag about it. It's complex in regards to how many stages he has and how many moves are in his arsenal, but the real kick is in his ability to draw on your canvas (and using your brush techniques against you). He is the ONLY BOSS that can do this (but someone else later can) and makes him a huge pain in the ass. Regardless, he has to be my favourite boss in the game. Once he raises his sword and gets struck by lightning, he divides into creatures represented by how many tails he has (minus one? Never counted). They are annoying as hell and can easily overwhelm you before they return. Once you get rid of them all, he is left with one and the battle becomes a million times easier except for the fact that he's also a million times faster (but also tires easily, limited in attacking, and is fragile).