Drop Down Menu's



Sunday, February 3, 2013

Raggedstar - Journey - Voice of the Journey


...what? July isn't too late to have your first AMV of the year. Well, technically this is more of a GMV (gaming music video), but no matter. This has got to be the fastest I've ever made a video with Vegas 0__0. About 4 days of actual work.

AMV Files Entry

Read the article if you want to know some of the more specific details. I would fill this thing up too fast using the description.

Anyways, this is the story of Journey told from the perspective of the being in white as a call to a journey (the background of that journey...I can't say since the lore of Journey is kinda hazy). That's the TLDR version. I've noticed Journey is a very tough source to work with because it tells it's story through gameplay and environments as opposed to cutscenes. The entire playthrough I recorded was less than 90 minutes. I can guarantee you Final Fantasy 13's cutscenes are more than twice that length. So what I did was instead of recording cutscenes, I recorded EVERYTHING. This allows me to control what I edit with by using different movements, camera angles, etc. It's something really interesting I don't see as often (but when done right, oh man I've seen a really good SOTC video that did that).

Did I mention you should buy this game?

Song: The Voice
Artist: Celtic Woman
Footage: Journey, Journey trailer
Gameplay by Raggedstar