Drop Down Menu's



Sunday, February 3, 2013

Raggs Plays Okami [20] [Ammy Gets Hammered] [Imperial Palace]


I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Come now, it's impossible that Clover or whoever translated DIDN'T mean for this to be made fun of.

So, Ammy has been shrunk down to Issun's size and they're wandering through the palace to find where the mist is coming from. Kind of neat how they did it, don'cha think?

Palace: I couldn't remember too much of this place, but it is one of the easier dungeons. After playing, it's pretty short (slightly longer than Tsuta Ruins maybe) and a fair amount of platforming. Not a lot of hazards until later on and the brush technique you get is one of the most useful to spam on your opponent.

Anyways, Okamiden is a bit of a hot topic among fans, especially since it'll be released here in a matter of months. I don't think it's fair to juge things entirely by tiny bits of gameplay and trailers, though it's not like I think that the game will be even close to how good this is. The people that made the game (now in Platinum Studios) said themselves that they aren't making a sequel, so this is most likely someone different in Capcom. Most of the things I'm thinking is wrong with the game is mostly because it's a DS game. DS games have limited possibilities with graphics and length, which was something Okami was famous for. Another thing is that I do not approve of the super-cuteness and the premise behind the story makes no sense to me. That is all I'll say about the game until it comes out and can eventually play it. Or maybe I'll peek at some lengthly Japanese gameplay stuff first.