Drop Down Menu's



Sunday, February 3, 2013

Raggs Plays Okami [12] [What A Load Of Bull] [Crimson Helm]


*shouldn't be allowed to make puns*
While I'm making Ginga refs, Akakabuto ("Red Helmet") would've made a better boss than this. Am I right, Ginga fans?

With Crimson Helm defeated, that half-baked prophet snatched the Serpent Crystal and is off to the Moon Cave. You know what that means. Gah, I'm so not excited to do that dungeon. At least the boss battle is worth it.

Info: I'll be dead honest. A lot of people have (fairly small) issues with how easy this game is. I'm one of them for the most part. Why? Because boss fights shouldn't be this fast without an uber weapon. It took me much longer using roseries my first time around, but the reflector knocks off a disgusting amount of damage. It would've been much faster if I didn't play so defensively. Crimson Helm has a decent variety of attacks. He can charge, send a stream of flames, jump, and create firey rings, attacks similar to the Bull Chargers later in the game (that I find much harder by the way). But with the 8 orbs floating around, giving you 8 guilt-free hits, no worries. Just slash him when he's still, he explodes into flames, blow it out, and then go nuts on his skeleton. One of the fastest-to-beat bosses in the game.