Drop Down Menu's



Sunday, February 3, 2013

Raggs Plays Okami [6] [First Boss Beatdown] [Spider Queen]



Finally, we're at the first boss, and she's a big'un.

Well, I guess I should start recording again *ran out of videos*.

Info: If you've beaten her once, you'll never forget how to beat her again if you've done 100% runs. The Spider Queen is the most replayed boss in the entire game, since even though you technically face her twice (here and the ark), there are 3 Bandit Spiders later in the game (N/S Ryoshima Coast and Kamui) that are taken down with the same technique. Regardless, it's a quick fight that most newbies could figure out (took me a while since my tv is so dark and couldn't see the hooks). It's possible to beat her without seeing all of her moves. I've heard you can also swing yourself on the vines for a better look, but I like to keep Ammy's four paws on the ground. Queeny gets in your grill a lot, but she's one of those "if you keep moving, you won't get hit" sort of enemies. Sitting in between her petals when attacking helps too (since you'll drop and not get swallowed). Beads are my weapon of choice here because of range, speed (good for godhood too), and how you can sometimes hit more than one.

Next video is the rematch with everyone's favourite half-baked prophet, Waka.